Sunday, March 2, 2008

Some parts of growing up really suck

It's not such a good day today. It seemed to go just fine this morning and then by mid-afternoon I couldn't do anything right. Went curling - the mixed group, mostly younger than me, not the widows and orphans old lady afternoon league - and couldn't make anything work. In fact, it doesn't go too far to say the other team didn't win so much as I lost it for my team. No, really. There were a couple of times when we had rocks in the house and looked like it was going in our favour and I knocked 'em all out. When it keeps coming down to keeping the opposition from scoring too many points rather than protecting your own, ya just can't win. And we didn't.

It wasn't until I got home and realized tomorrow is the 4th anniversary of my mother's death. This sort of thing doesn't ever really leave you. The hardest part is it is a physical memory as well as an emotional one. It's going to be a long day tomorrow. Maybe a bubble tea in the morning with my daughter will help. At least I'll get a bubble tea out of the deal, even if I don't feel any better.

No comments: